We got the pumpkins done, but were all pretty sick of anything pumpkin-related, especially by the time I had finished picking out the seeds from the gigantic bowl of pumpkin guts. I washed them and let them sit in a colander, oh, all week until today when I finally said, "Hmm, I really ought to roast those suckers."
I did, and despite the 5-day wait, they were just as delicious as they always have been.
I will be making a pie at some point this weekend. ;-)
- pumpkin seeds, unshelled
- olive oil
- Old Bay
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add salt liberally and toss with some Old Bay.
- Spread out into an even layer on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and stir them around, flipping them over, then put them back in for another 5 minutes.
- Check to see how they're doing, you don't want them burned, but if they're not roasted enough, they won't have the right amount of crunch to them.
- When they're done, put them in a bowl and snack away.