Friday, November 5, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Last weekend, in preparation for Hallowe'en, my girls and I carved pumpkins basically all day long on Saturday. We each picked out a fairly elaborate pattern to carve out, and my ambitious plans to bake pumpkin bread, a pumpkin pie, a loaf of multigrain bread and roast the seeds came to naught.

We got the pumpkins done, but were all pretty sick of anything pumpkin-related, especially by the time I had finished picking out the seeds from the gigantic bowl of pumpkin guts. I washed them and let them sit in a colander, oh, all week until today when I finally said, "Hmm, I really ought to roast those suckers."

I did, and despite the 5-day wait, they were just as delicious as they always have been.

I will be making a pie at some point this weekend. ;-)

Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Seeds





Ingredients:
  • pumpkin seeds, unshelled
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • Old Bay

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400.

  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

  3. Put the pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.

  4. Add salt liberally and toss with some Old Bay.

  5. Spread out into an even layer on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.

  6. Take them out and stir them around, flipping them over, then put them back in for another 5 minutes.

  7. Check to see how they're doing, you don't want them burned, but if they're not roasted enough, they won't have the right amount of crunch to them.

  8. When they're done, put them in a bowl and snack away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails