Well, this recipe delivers. It's savory and satisfying like pizza, and not as much work as gougeres. Plus, the bite-sized morsels can alleviate the guilt of wanting to devour an entire pizza by yourself, unless you plow through a dozen of these like I just did in the name of "taste testing."
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/8 cup milk
- shredded parm
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Cut the 2 T of butter into small squares. Add them to the flour mixture and rub in with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly. If this does not appeal to you, you can pulse them together in a food processor until the butter is worked in.
- Add the chopped pepperoni and the shredded cheese and mix together.
- Pour in the milk and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Drop by teaspoon into the mini muffin pan. This recipe is enough for 12.
- Top with a bit of shredded parm and bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.