I went to Wegmans yesterday to stock back up on some items. I really enjoyed my Zoodles last week, so I got more zucchini and some yellow summer squash for more veggie noodles. As I cruised through the exotic produce section, I found some galangal and stalks of fresh lemongrass. Immediately, I thought of Thai green curry. I ran back to the hot pepper section and found some small green Thai bird chilies. Thai Green Curry paste? It's so on!
I will be using this paste in Thai Green Curry Chicken this week accompanied by coconut cauliflower rice.
But I still had one small tenderloin leftover from when I made the Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry the other night, so with thoughts of Thai food still lingering in my head, I though what better use for it than a beef tenderloin salad?
Thai Beef Tenderloin Salad
- 6 oz beef tenderloin
- olive oil
- spring salad mix
- thinly sliced cucumber
- thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- sliced green onion
- fresh cilantro
- fresh mint
- 3 T fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or equivalent sweetener - I used a packet of stevia)
- thin slice of fresh ginger, smashed (regular ginger, not galangal)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of ground red pepper
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, whisking well, and set aside.
- Mix together the vegetables for the salad and toss in the dressing, mixing well.
- Put 1 T olive oil in a cast iron skillet, and place it over medium-high heat and get it sizzling hot. Sear the tenderloin on all sides and cook on 5 minutes per side. Let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes, then slice into strips and serve with the salad.