Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thai Beef Tenderloin Salad


 I went to Wegmans yesterday to stock back up on some items. I really enjoyed my Zoodles last week, so I got more zucchini and some yellow summer squash for more veggie noodles. As I cruised through the exotic produce section, I found some galangal and stalks of fresh lemongrass. Immediately, I thought of Thai green curry. I ran back to the hot pepper section and found some small green Thai bird chilies. Thai Green Curry paste? It's so on!



galangal et al
 
thai green curry paste 2 thai green curry paste
I will be using this paste in Thai Green Curry Chicken this week accompanied by coconut cauliflower rice.

But I still had one small tenderloin leftover from when I made the Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry the other night, so with thoughts of Thai food still lingering in my head, I though what better use for it than a beef tenderloin salad?
 

Thai Beef Tenderloin Salad

Thai Tenderloin salad

Ingredients

  • 6 oz beef tenderloin
  • olive oil
  • butter
  • spring salad mix
  • thinly sliced cucumber
  • thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
  • sliced green onion
  • fresh cilantro
  • fresh mint
For the dressing:
  • 3 T fish sauce
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (or equivalent sweetener - I used a packet of stevia)
  • thin slice of fresh ginger, smashed (regular ginger, not galangal)
  • pinch of black pepper
  • pinch of ground red pepper

Directions:

  1. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, whisking well, and set aside.
  2. Mix together the vegetables for the salad and toss in the dressing, mixing well.
  3. Put 1 T olive oil in a cast iron skillet, and place it over medium-high heat and get it sizzling hot. Sear the tenderloin on all sides and cook on 5 minutes per side. Let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes, then slice into strips and serve with the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails