I love cherry tomatoes. I've had some recently that were so sweet that snacking on them was almost like snacking on candy. I also like stuffing them with a variety of things: herbed goat cheese, feta & kalamatas, pieces of marinated or smoked mozzarella, the list goes on and on. By far, my favorite stuffing is pesto. Today I wanted to do a mix-up using yellow cherry tomatoes instead of red, and purple pesto instead of green.
Still pretty damned tasty. :)
Yellow Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Purple Pesto
- 1/8 cup garlic scapes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1-1/2 cups purple basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup good quality Parmigiano-Reggiano, you know, the fancy parmesan
- Place the scapes in a food processor and pulse until pretty well minced
- Add the pine nuts and process until the mixture is very well chopped.
- Toss in the purple basil and parm and process. Drizzle in the olive oil until your get the consistency you prefer.