Don't know who she is?
Check it out:
Once you finish laughing, you can go here to check her out for real.
She's infamous for her "Semi-homemade" dishes - to say nothing of her cocktails - using mostly pre-made ingredients, tossing them together and voila: Semi-homemade fabulousness, sometimes horrifying; sometimes intriguing; sometimes downright mystifying.
I whipped this bad boy up in the spirit of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade ethos, and ohmygoodness, it's not half-bad! And since I used skim milk and a package of sugar-free instant pudding mix, it's ok for phase 1 of the South Beach diet.
- 1 small (1.34 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1-1/2 t espresso powder
- 2 cups skim milk
- Mix according to the package instructions, BUT... add the espresso powder when you add the pudding powder.
- Eat, probably out of the same bowl you made it in.
- If you want to get all fancy-schmancy like I did, you can put it in a martini glass (Cocktail Time, anyone?) and add a chocolate swizzle stick as a high-falutin' garnish.
- As you can see, mine is melting because it is as HOT AS HELL here.
- Side note, heat and humidity do not bring out the shining best of my personality.
- But this pseudo-recipe rocks because it's ready in 2 minutes. You just can't beat that.