Monday, July 18, 2011

Cappuccino Pudding

I have a few recipes that are what I call my Sandra Lee Specials.

Don't know who she is?

Check it out:




Once you finish laughing, you can go here to check her out for real.

She's infamous for her "Semi-homemade" dishes - to say nothing of her cocktails - using mostly pre-made ingredients, tossing them together and voila:  Semi-homemade fabulousness, sometimes horrifying; sometimes intriguing; sometimes downright mystifying.


I whipped this bad boy up in the spirit of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade ethos, and ohmygoodness, it's not half-bad! And since I used skim milk and a package of sugar-free instant pudding mix, it's ok for phase 1 of the South Beach diet.


Cappuccino Pudding



Ingredients:
  • 1 small (1.34 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding
  • 1-1/2 t espresso powder
  • 2 cups skim milk

Directions:
  1. Mix according to the package instructions, BUT... add the espresso powder when you add the pudding powder.
  2. Eat, probably out of the same bowl you made it in.

Notes:

  •  If you want to get all fancy-schmancy like I did, you can put it in a martini glass (Cocktail Time, anyone?) and add a chocolate swizzle stick as a high-falutin' garnish. 
  • As you can see, mine is melting because it is as HOT AS HELL here.  
  • Side note, heat and humidity do not bring out the shining best of my personality.
  • But this pseudo-recipe rocks because it's ready in 2 minutes. You just can't beat that.

4 comments:

  1. I just can't watch Sandra Lee with her semi-homemade. Good schtick though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try it this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Oh I know. She drives me batty, and that Kwanzaa cake of hers is an offense against food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails