Baby summer squashes, in addition to being insanely cute, are incredibly tender and delicious. Fresh basil leaves, when roasted, become crunchy and lend that basil flavor that just screams "Summer!"
Put it all together, and you get a great side dish with minimal prep and fuss.
Roasted Baby Squash with Basil and Lemon
- Assorted baby squash, pattypan, zucchini, summer squash
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Purple basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Toss the squash and basil leaves with olive oil, salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Pour into the lined pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and shake the pan to flip them over and roast for another 15 minutes.