Unlike many raw dishes which require some fancy footwork with a food dehydrator, the only pieces of equipment you need here are a food processor and a coffee grinder.
Raw Apple Breakfast
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 T pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Peel, core and cut the apple into quarters.
- Process it in a food processor along with the almond butter until it is in small pieces - you don't want to make a puree.
- Grind up the flax seeds in the coffee grinder until they've become powdery.
- Serve in a bowl topped with pepitas and the ground flax seeds.
- This filled my cereal bowl pretty well, so it was a good portion for one person.
- Next time, I may drizzle some honey or agave nectar over the top for a teeny bit of extra sweetness.
- Other additions which might be nice:
- chopped almonds or walnuts
- chopped dried fruit
- untoasted sesame sees
- unsalted sunflower seeds
- maple syrup
- wheat germ
- a dollop of Greek yogurt