- 1 8-oz container crabmeat
- 1 package of shallot and chive flavor Boursin® cheese
- 2 T mayo (or more to achieve the desired consistency)
- ½ onion, finely diced
- Old Bay® seasoning
- ½ cup of soft bread crumbs or cracker crumbs (Ritz or saltines work well)
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps or 20 smaller cremini/baby bellas
- Panko crumbs
- freshly grated parmesan or romano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crab meat, Boursin® cheese and mayo. Mix well.
- Fold in the diced onion and cracker or bread crumbs, stirring until everything is incorporated well.
- Clean the mushroom caps by removing the stems and gills and brushing off any accumulated dirt.
- Place the caps on a baking sheet.
- Put a healthy dollop of the crab mixture in the cavity of each mushroom cap and sprinkle generously with Old Bay®. Top with grated cheese and panko crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the tops are nicely browned and the filling is slightly bubbly on the sides. The larger portobello caps take longer.
- Serve hot.
- If watching carbs is a concern for you, omit the bread crumbs or cracker crumbs to the crab meat mixture in the bowl and top the mushrooms with just the freshly grated parmesan and no panko bread crumbs.