Yes, this means that I am low-carbing it for a few weeks.
Phase 1's strict rules, like the severe limitation of carbs, does not mean that food has to taste horrible. People! Eating low-carb can be satisfying and delicious!
TweetHerbed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T basil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- parmigiano reggiano
- salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds and tough fibers.
- Place, cut side down in a large baking dish. Add water to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Cover with foil and then bake for about 45 minutes in a preheated, 375-degree oven.
- Take out of the oven and let cool. Take one half of the squash out and set it on the counter (this recipe only uses one half of the squash)
- With the tines of a fork, scrape the flesh of the squash separating it into strands.
- Dump into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss in the chopped tomato, sprinkle with basil and shave fresh parmigiano reggiano on top. Season to taste with salt and pepper.