I've usually been braising the meat in a chicken fricassee because it is so easy and creates such a luscious gravy, but I also want to keep things interesting with new recipes. I love fried chicken too, but don't especially care for the hellish mess that the splatter of chicken fat and oil can make in the kitchen, so I decided to do a cheater's "oven-fried" method.
Oven-Fried Breaded Chicken
- An assortment of chicken parts - I had 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs
- approximately 1 cup seasoned soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parm
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a large roasting pan with a layer of aluminum foil. Spritz it with some cooking spray.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parm, salt, pepper and papika in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Coat each chicken piece in a very thin film of mayo and then dredge the chicken pieces in the crumb mixture until totally coated. Shake off the excess crumbs and lay in the roasting pan.
- Roast for approximately 25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear when poked with a knife.
- Remove to a platter and serve hot.