These come together really quickly and I hardly ever wait for them to cool before I dive into the pan.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, whisking well to break up any clumps and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together the butter with sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Gradually add dry ingredients, beating on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chips and make sure they're all well incorporated into the dough.
- Spread the dough in prepared baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until set.
- Cool on wire rack and then cut into bars.