Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fun With Food

The Easter Bunny came a day early to my house since I won't have my kids on Easter morning. The Easter Bunny is accommodating that way. Anyway, I the Easter Bunny recalled that the kids had been screaming for Peeps, so I, that is, the Easter Bunny got some purple and yellow Peeps.

So today, I suggested PeepS'Mores.

Yum. Even  I  had one.



PeepS'Mores



Here's how you do it:

Catch a Peep and skewer it. Assemble your chocolate and graham crackers and get a reliable source of flame. I used my new little blowtorch until I ran out of butane.

*blink*

So then I just used one of the gas burners on the stove and prayed that I wouldn't have a melted mess of blackened marshmallow to clean off. 

It worked great.


Before:




Torch the Peep. He may catch fire.

That's ok. Blow out the flames.




Smush the Peep down






Make sure he's melting and oozing and then eat it.







 Kid #2's PeepS'More, chomped.






Another view of melting marshmallow:











1 comment:

  1. It was fun! When my Peep caught fire - as a good marshmallow product SHOULD - my older daughter was saying, "OMG let's throw some baking soda on it! Ahhhhh!"

    I laughed at her and just blew out the flames. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails