Italian Herb BreadIngredients:
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 3 T vital wheat gluten
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in order given by manufacturer of your bread machine.
- Select Dough setting and hit enter.
- Take out the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes to let the gluten set.
- Punch it down, shape it into a long loaf and place on a baking sheet dusted with cornmeal, cover with a towel and let rise for 2 hours in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Spritz with water, and sprinkle with cornmeal and sea salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven (425 F) for 25 minutes.
- Makes one (2 pound) loaf.