This recipe is for a chocolate-coconut variety, though I believe I'll see if I can finagle one with chocolate and peanut butter next.
Chocolate-Coconut Protein Snack
- 2 slightly rounded tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons of chocolate whey protein powder, (I like the Pure Protein brand because they have fewer carbs in it),
- 2 teaspoons of regular unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- 1 packet Stevia or Splenda (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 15 second, then add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Shape it either by rolling it into a cylinder in plastic wrap or pouring into silicone baking cups. I use regular muffin sized silicone baking cups, which gave me three portions about the size of a normal Reese's peanut butter cup, though a bit taller.
- Refrigerate or freeze. A word of warning: if you freeze it, you WILL need to let it thaw out before you eat it, lest you crack a tooth. Coconut oil softens/melts at room temp though, so do keep it cool.