I was going through the cheese drawer in my fridge the other day and found a ball of leftover puff pastry scraps. Wracking my brain, I thought that this ball of scraps could be re-purposed easily into mini cinnamon rolls. They made a fast, easy and delicious sweet snack, and there's no reason to wait until you have puff pastry scraps. I would gladly make these again using a full sheet of puff pastry.
- Puff pastry scraps
- melted butter
- turbinado sugar
- 3 T walnuts, chopped
- 1 t cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the sugar, chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- Press together the puff pastry scraps, folding them over onto themselves in a large ball.
- Place the ball on a piece of parchment paper and with a rolling pin, roll it to a thickness of 1/8 in.
- Brush melted butter over the surface and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar and nut mixture over the top.
- Roll the pastry up like a jelly roll and brush it with more melted butter.
- Slice into 1/2 in. slices.
- Place the slices on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and bake for 12 minutes or until nicely golden brown.