This makes a really lovely little breakfast, and served in individual ramekins, it presents very well. My kids really love anything served in miniature form. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of these ramekins.
TweetBaked Eggs In Potato Recipe
- 1 medium potato
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese - more or less to taste
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- heavy cream
- Wash and peel the potato and cut it into chunks. Place the potato in a pot of water, bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the potato, then put in a medium-sized bowl. Mash the potato, adding butter and a little bit of cream (about 1 T) until you get the right consistency. Season with salt and pepper and add a little bit of cheese (about a 1/4 cup).
- Mix well.
- Spray 3 10-oz. ramekins (standard size) with cooking spray and dive the potato mixture between them, pushing down with the back of the spoon so that you create a well in the bottom.
- Next you can simply crack one egg into each well and top with cheese or you may beat each egg with a bit of cream and add the cheese to the beaten mixture, then pour it into the ramekins. My kids prefer the texture of the egg when it's beaten, although I like the traditional baked eggs.
- Place the ramekins in a pan or on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- BEWARE: If you beat the eggs, cream and cheese instead of just plopping in a whole egg, the mixture will puff up when it cooks. This is why setting the ramekins in a pan or on a sheet helps.